Updated: Dec 24, 2019
Piano is a kind of musical instrument with complex structure and needs careful care. Improper maintenance or incorrect handling methods will cause irreparable damage to the piano. In order to solve the problem of piano transportation for Piano users, the piano network has opened a professional piano handling service.
When moving, it is suggested that users choose professional piano handling company and ordinary piano moving company without piano handling experience. Due to lack of experience and improper methods, it will cause damage to your piano and living room.
Handling tips, expert guidance:
· The weight of piano is generally 200 to 240 kilograms, and the horizontal piano is 290 to 490 kilograms. In the process of handling, the piano should be operated according to the instructions of the box pattern.
· When handling, it is necessary to check whether the packing box is strong or not, so as to prevent piano damage caused by loose box.
· It's better not to remove piano parts during handling. For special reasons, such as limited space, experienced professionals must be invited to carry out.
· Care should be taken in pushing the piano to avoid breaking the wheels or damaging the parts caused by too much force.
· When the climate is too dry, water basins can be placed in the piano room, and the suitable humidity can be maintained by evaporation of water.
· When pushing the piano on the flat ground, when the ground is uneven, do not use too much force to tilt the body, break the wheel or damage the parts.
· Do not place piano outdoors or carry it in rainy days.
· When handling, it is necessary to check whether the packing box is strong or not, to prevent piano damage caused by loose box, and to guard against violent vibration and turbulence during handling.
Maintenance tips, expert guidance:
(1) The piano should be placed on the hard floor and level, and each wheel must be completely landed.
(2) Because 80% of the piano is made of wood, it should be placed 8-10 cm away from the wall when it is laid against the wall; the place by the window will be adversely affected by outdoor direct sunlight, humidity and sudden changes in temperature; if you are restricted by the conditions to place it by the window, you must hang thick curtains on the window.
(3) Piano should be far away from heat sources such as radiators and heaters, so as not to damage the external and internal components of the piano, resulting in the decline of the quality of tone and intonation. Therefore, radiation and hot air should be avoided.
(4) Suitable temperature and humidity, good ventilation environment are the necessary conditions for the best performance of piano performance and acoustic quality. Generally speaking, the relative humidity is 40-70%, and the temperature should be 20-25 C. Some of the piano's internal components, such as wood, wool, felt and so on, are extremely sensitive to the environmental impact, and slightly inadvertent will damage them.
(5) The precision of striking mechanism made of wool, felt, skin and wood is very high, and the allowable error is limited to less than 1/100mm. These components are sensitive to the change of humidity. Excessive humidity will lead to slow motion of stringer, dull sound of piano, rust of metal parts and failure of keys.
(6) Distributors will remind you how to maintain in accordance with local climate conditions. Usually, in cloudy or rainy weather, you must close all the windows of the piano room. Every time you play the piano, you must close the lid. In the dark and humid environment, the piano cover can be put on to prevent moisture from soaking in the air, but in the sunny weather, the piano cover should be dried in time.
(7) Place the piano in a place with good sound effect. If all the sounds in a room are concentrated at one point, it is easy to cause sound lag and echo. In order to make the piano sound pleasant and full, it is better to place the piano in a room where the sound can be evenly distributed.
(8) Placing heavy objects on the top of the piano will cause resonance and murmur, and the top will be deformed. No object should be placed on the top of the piano except the music score and metronome.
(9) Piano should not be subjected to too much vibration, so as not to cause out-of-tune and parts offset.
(10) There should be no water immersion inside the piano, otherwise it will lead to serious consequences such as rust of metal parts and distortion of striker.
(11) Dust will affect the flexibility of the striker system and produce noise. Users should be diligent in cleaning the piano with soft cloth or feathers, and wipe the piano shell with soft cloth, but do not use acetone and methanol to wipe the piano. The bright paint surface should be cleaned with wax liquid. Dumb finish should be cleaned with ethanol (alcohol), and wax should not be used for polishing.